People have changing desires and needs while facing new economic, environmental and social challenges. Architecture and urban design are called upon to provide appropriate responses in harmony with the environment and the cultural context. However, there is a clear disconnection between aspirations and outcomes when it comes to sustainability. To bridge the gap, we must redraw the professional figure of the architect through new approaches and visionary learning strategies.Mario Cucinella – SOS Founder and President
- Provide the highest quality practice-based experience and opportunities for the next generation of professionals.
- Serve as a nexus for the exchange of knowledge for the building industry, the community and the profession.
- Develop a culture of responsible and sustainable design methods, processes and practices.
- by embracing global challenges at a local scale through co-design and public participation.
- at the intersection of academic and research institutions, government, industry, professional organisations and the public.
- at the forefront of practice-based use-inspired research for the built environment industry and the profession.